What is an empath?
From an empath's POV...
An empath is someone who experiences emotional sensitivity at a deeper level. While empathy allows us to recognize and understand what another person may be feeling, an empath may experience another person’s emotions, energy, or emotional atmosphere more intensely and personally.
![]() |
| For more information, I highly suggest checking out Dr. Judith Orloff! |
Personally, when I walk into a room, I can immediately sense tension before anyone says a word. I find myself deeply affected by the emotions of the people around me, even when those emotions aren't being openly expressed. Crowded or emotionally charged environments can feel overwhelming, while peaceful spaces and genuine connection can feel especially nourishing.
For some empaths, this sensitivity can feel like a gift. For others, especially before they understand what they're experiencing, it can feel confusing or exhausting. I even had issues as a child, which presented as stomach aches and not wanting to go to school. I had no problems there; the energy of all the other kids was just too much for my system to handle.
This is what led me to write The Empath Files. It's like sharing a small part of me through a fictional world, expressing my struggles and desires that I've encountered along my path. Hopefully, readers enjoy not only the story but also the underlying feelings I've instilled in it.
Perhaps the most important thing to understand is this:
Being an empath isn't about feeling more than everyone else. It's about learning how to recognize what you're feeling, understand where it comes from, and care for yourself without carrying everything you encounter.
Sensitivity doesn't have to become a burden. With awareness, boundaries, and self-understanding, it can simply become one of the ways you experience the world.


Comments
Post a Comment